I've been neglecting this blog quite a bit recently and I feel utterly guilty, but to be honest, I haven't felt enourmously inspired to write any posts.
My life hasn't been majorly interesting since new year, but nevertheless, it's been quite fun...
1. I went to my first rugby match ever with one of my best friends! We caught the train to High Wycombe and watched the London Wasps VS Rugby Mogliano game at Adams Park. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit, the only downer was when my friend, Em, knocked a cup of hot coffee all over this old farmer guy when we were trying to get to our seats and he went absolutely mental, and worse, we had to sit next to him and his equally-fuming farmer friend for the next hour and a half. Oh well.
2. It snowed! There was almost 7 inches in my area and I spent days taking pictures of the gorgeous white blanket! Kind of annoying though... the first day it started snowing happened to be an inset day sort-of-thing because of these 11+ examinations taking place there (exams for the 10/11 year olds that are applying to get into Year 7 at my school). However, my year had to go in and sort everything out and organise them and get them into their exam rooms while everyone else from my school enjoyed the day off, playing and sledging in the snow. But it snowed constantly all weekend and on my way to school on Monday, I slipped over and messed up my back, so got the day off to sit at home and rest! :)
my pink snowboots!
Alfie got a snow beard!
3. On the 23rd of Jan, I went to the birthday party of one of my close friends! It was at an amazing, trendy restaurant called Nobu in London, and we were sat in the 'VIP Corner'. And guess which incredibly famous star happened to be on the table next to us that evening? Only Will.I.Am from the Black Eyed Peas! He sung happy birthday to my friend (along with the rest of the restaurant), he bought us dessert, then just as he was about to leave, he decided to sit down at our table and talk to us for the next hour about why we should study and appreciate our parents, and how technology is advancing so rapidly! It was crazy, I practically fainted when I first saw him, and almost died when he started talking to us and agreed to have a photo taken with us. He was the nicest, funniest (if not slightly tipsy) guy!
I look like a complete idiot, but aaaaah (here's proof! :) )
my friend's absolutely amazing, yummy birthday cake
I really liked my hair that night :P
4. I had a little group of friends round for dinner on Saturday night. I nicely forced Em into helping me cook (pasta and meatballs for main course, Oreo cheesecake for dessert). However, we ended up cooking the meatballs while we were half-drunk, so most of it ended up splashed all over the wall, or on the floor for my dog to lick up! When we'd finally cooked it and poured it onto the plates, it sort of resembled a pile of meaty-tomato sick, so the running joke all night was 'I really hope we don't get food poisoning tomorrow morning!'. But despite this, it went down well and everyone enjoyed it, and the Oreo cheesecake was the cherry on top! It was amaaazing. I used this fab recipe from Lottieslittlekitchen and it went down a treat.
5. Next Saturday evening, Em's having a little Chinese New Year party with a couple of our friends and her older brother and some of his friends and I'm already excited! An endless supply of margaritas, strawberry daiquiris, gin and tonics, tequilas and mojitos has been guaranteed!
Lots of love,