Sunday 16 December 2012

December Favourites


Hello lovelies!
I thought I’d jump right into the second post of my blog and talk about some of my favourite beauty products and clothes this month!


1. OXY Seaweed Power Clear Pore Exfoliant

This stuff has been a face-saver! My skin's been pretty nasty recently; I’ve had multiple break-outs and as soon as I finally get rid of one spot, another one appears somewhere else!  My skin has also been quite dry, probably due to the horrible,  cold weather. I’ve found that this stuff really helps get rid of the majority of my spots. It’s quite rough (due to the tiny solid granules it contains) but you can really feel it ‘deep-cleansing’. However, it does tend to leave my face quite red afterwards (might just be because I scrub too hard though), so I wouldn’t advise using it just before you go out. But it’s great and does the job!


2. No7 Gentle Foaming Cleanser

I’ve had this beauty for ages but finally, after a massive product-clean-up, I discovered it again at the back of the cupboard, and it’s fab! The foam is soft and moisturising and a little goes a long way. I’ve also been using it as a make up remover when I’m too lazy to try and find a wipe!
*I looked on the Boots website (www.boots.com) and can’t seem to find it, but there’s an alternate called No7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser, which I’m sure has the same if not similar effect.


3. MAC eyeshadow in Woodwinked 


This ultra-pigmented eyeshadow has been a saver this party season. I’m not big on crazy, bright-coloured eyeshadows and liners (they don't suit me at all!) so I’ve stocked up on lots of blacks, browns and bronzes and this has to be by far my favourite one. It’s so shimmery and gorgeous and really compliments my skin tone.


4.  Barry M nail polish in 216 Silver Cascade

I’m not a massive fan of nail polish (due to the fact that I bite my nails and don’t seem to have much left to paint!), but I’ve tried my hardest to restrain myself recently so I can paint them with this glittery Barry M polish. I love wearing it over No7’s Hot To Trot (a really pretty, shimmery gold).


 5. 17 Falsifeye mascara in Black


I recently got this mascara (top one in the picture) on a quick trip to Boots the other week and absolutely LOVE it! It’s volumizing, lengthening and black as black can be! I only need two layers of it on a night out; people have even asked if I’m wearing falsies. The brush is also really big and the tube is large, so you definitely get your money’s worth.
The pink tube is great as well, but it's for lengthening lashes rather than adding volume.

6.  Chapstick


During these cold winter months, my lips always get dry and sore and I've always found it really hard to 'cure'. So, this year I've been prepared and bought myself a couple of 3-pack tins of Chapsticks from Costco. My favourite flavour has got to be the apple one (green)!


7. Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift


I received a tester for this perfume in a magazine not long ago and fell in love with it instantly! It’s gorgeous and girly and I’ve put it at the top of my Christmas wish list. I’ve surviving off the collection of testers I’ve accumulated, but hopefully I’ll get a full sized bottle soon.


8. Grey H&M knitted jumper


For most of winter, I live in oversized sweaters and cardigans and I’ve recently added this comfy grey one to my ever-growing collection. It’s so so soft and stretchy. I also like that it’s v-necked as I don’t have many of them and it looks great over collared chiffon shirts. I also like that it’s quite long and covers my bum! 
*In the picture it's looks absolutely massive, but I assure you that's a size 10 :P It's just stretched out a bit from being on the hanger, but is actually quite figure-hugging.


 9. Grey Short UGGs


My UGGs have been a saviour recently. They keep my feet so snuggly and warm and I love how they look with skinny jeans tucked into them.
*They look a bit tatty in the picture, but it's just because of the obscene amount of rain we get in the UK which stains them. 


10. And finally… my new glasses!


They’re black and in a Ray-Ban sort of style, but the frames are not so thick that they completely dominate my face. However, they are big enough for my eyes to actually be visible now! My previous ones were dark purple and quite square and thin, but these ones seem to make my eyes look a lot bigger and compliment my hair colour.


I hope you enjoyed my official 2nd post for this blog!
What are some of your December favourites?!

Lotsa love,


Ellay xxx

*All photos are my own, taken by me*

No comments:

Post a Comment